Friday, October 27, 2023

DAY "27" OF THE HAUNTING

 


Another dawn

and we're not gone

we made a pledge

and our word

is our bond!

100 words

for all you nerds

who suffer coulrophobia.

MUAHAHAHAHA!


The Perfect Child

They say you're safe during the day. But I can attest that it's not true. At a carnival when I was two, a sweet-looking clown made me smile. Then quickly disappeared with me in a pouch.

Twenty years later. I'm the clown. Red hair, red nose, and a pouch ready to go. I can make them laugh too. And the perfect child I will have soon.

But Mommy's overly protective, so I follow them home. Distracted and on the phone, her sweet little guy will be mine soon.

One day he'll delight the crowds to find his perfect child.

***

100 words

Yolanda Renee © 2023

*** 

In case you didn't know

coulrophobia is the fear of clowns.

Photo by Nong on Unsplash


Not funny

Not cute

But neither is a clown

in an oversized suit

MUAHAHAHAHA!

***

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Ack. I wouldn't say it is a phobia (quite) but clowns are NOT funny and make me uncomfortable. And after reading this...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Yolanda - the way clowns have been used in horror stories does make me cringe at times ... probably more now I'm older as my imagination is/ could be greater ... cheers Hilary

Yolanda Renée said...

Sue, I find them extremely creepy!

Hilary, cheers, yep, not my favorite subject!