Wednesday, October 4, 2023

DAY "4" OF THE HAUNTING

 

Photo by Jesse Bowser on Unsplash

Text - Your Life Depends On It

"He's there, isn't he? You see him, don't you? No matter how fast I walk, he's still the same distance away. I'm practically breathless from running, and he appears calm. Nonchalant. I'm so scared?" I text my girlfriend.

"To blurry," she answers. "No way to identify him if you end up dead?"

Quit texting, idiot, and run! I tell myself, but take another look….

"He's gone. Oh God, where is he?" I text.

"Hey gorgeous, what's the hurry?" A deep voice asks.

"How?" my last words as I faint in his arms.

"Gotta love texting bitches and a foggy night."

***

Yolanda Renée © 2023

***

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Thought I'd change it up

a drabble for fun.

It's  Halloween

and they say

I'm a horror queen!

LOL!

 

JOIN US ON OCTOBER 18 – 20

FOR ALL YOUR

HALLOWEEN FUN


7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sadly I fear many people text when they should flee. And their phones are there at the death.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great snippet. Enjoy this month since you love horror.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was twisted!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That did not end well for her. LOL

Nancy Lynn Jarvis said...

Great, scary, snippet, as usual.

Denise Covey said...

Great end, literally. Twisted indeed. We do love our phones.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Poor woman - she doesn't know what awaits her when she wakes ... cheers Hilary