Saturday, October 7, 2023

DAY "7" OF THE HAUNTING

 

Photo by Stephen Kidd on Unsplash


Did you like yesterday's story?

shall I give you the answer

or make you wait another day

okay

you win

a drabble

one hundred words

that tells it all.

***

Black Magic

When I woke, a blue bottle on the nightstand told me the dream was true.

My lover's pillow was cold. What lie would be told today? I hid the bottle in my pocket and went about my day.

He claimed work kept him but vowed his undying love.

His favorite dinner I served with the blue bottle powder liberally spread. Would he now be my beau or a gargoyle of stone?

He ate, and a declaration of love was made.                           Photo by Donovan Reeves on Unsplash


Nothing changed, and I knew I'd won my man.

Then the full moon rose and a gargoyle I owned.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

 ***

Yolanda Renée © 2023



JOIN US ON OCTOBER 18 – 20

FOR ALL YOUR

HALLOWEEN FUN

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Use him as a waterspout. He might as well be decorative AND useful.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Clever - and yes EC's idea ... cheers Hilary