Friday, October 6, 2023

DAY " 6 "OF THE HAUNTING

 

Photo by Florian Olivo on Unsplash


I heard you were bored.

so here you go

you want woe

then read my tale

a story of whoa


A WITCH I SOUGHT


One dark and dreary night

all Hallows Eve

I walked through the forest

no sense of the horror

my love had cheated

a lie he repeated

the pain severe

my destination unclear

but in a clearing

I found

a garden of beauty

forget-me-nots, roses

chyrsthamums

and a gargoyle doing guard duty

all kinds of posies

lifted my spirit

and gave me hope

but the effigies 

filled me with terror

it was truly a sight

still, beauty held my heart

then I noticed

a cabin with smoke curling

my thoughts were swirling

an abode of mystery

 a witch with  history

her advice, I sought

and then I bought

magic in a  bottle 

the sorcerer told me

if true love is your goal,

and your lover's heart is true

only you, he will see

no more will he stray

but if his heart lies

into a hideous gargoyle of stone

will he turn

forever to guard over thee

but never more will he roam.

***

Photo by Mike on Unsplash

***

did my story fulfill your wish

did I serve you a delightful dish

are you curious to see

the result of she

then come back tomorrow

for more sorrow

MUAHAHAHAHA!

***

Yolanda Renée © 2023

 

JOIN US ON OCTOBER 18 – 20

FOR ALL YOUR

HALLOWEEN FUN



2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Definitely curious - and I will equally definitely be back tomorrow.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Ah tomorrow ... I shall return today! Cheers Hilary