Thursday, July 23, 2015

FIRST DATE


Friday Fictioneers is a weekly 100 word flash fiction challenge hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields. The following photo is this weeks PHOTO PROMPT, a cool picture for hot days, depending on your side of the globe. Rochelle asks where does it take you? Tell us in a hundred words or less.


FIRST DATE

Chocolate World's winter holiday display of lights, hot cocoa and fresh kettle corn, was a date that rivaled all previous first dates. I never felt the cold, not with my hand in yours, or your arms holding me close during the monorail ride.

Then, before the date ended and with a crowd around us, you got down on one knee and pulled out an engagement ring.

I shook my head, tried to stop the madness, but you persisted.

I whispered, "No! Not on our first date," and pleaded for understanding, right before your knife pierced my heart. 


97 words
Yolanda Renée © 2015

*****


I'm thrilled to be part of the WEP - a 1000 word flash fiction challenge held every other month. The first challenge is called Spectacular Settings - scheduled for August 19th. Join us.




17 comments:

Shannon Lawrence said...

Yikes! Everything was peaceful and chocolatey. What can go wrong?

Sally said...

Oh dear, not the romantic ending I was expecting.

Unknown said...

I hope she got some chocolate before it happened!

Rosey Pinkerton's blog

Denise Covey said...

You totally had me lulled there Yolanda, then kapow! A knife to the heart! Yikes! :-)

Pat Hatt said...

Guess he wasn't good at taking no for an answer.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Proposing on a first date could be really romantic or stalkerish. LOL Great flash fiction Yolanda

dolorah said...

Nice twist. Must have been a cyber stalker :)

Nick Wilford said...

So intense! That changed mood fast.

Sandra Crook said...

That was some twist at the end.

Deepa said...

OMG unexpected ending

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Yolanda,

Now that's a chilling first date.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Anonymous said...

Some folk don't take rejection well.
Scary piece.

Christine Rains said...

A frightening first date! Why do I now want some chocolate... ;) Have a great weekend!

Gah Learner said...

Yikes, great twist! What an obsessive lover he is.

Tara Tyler said...

wow, that went south so fast!
but i totally see it as the beginning of a serial killer murder mystery! love it!
and it was such a lovely opening! i was wishing someone wouldve taken me on a first date like that, until the end! ah!

Whispering Thoughts said...

A deadly date. I like the flow of imagination here

Yolanda Renée said...

Hey everyone, sorry I couldn't address each of you individually, but book edits stole all my time. Thank you so much for stopping by for a read, and taking the time to comment - wow, it means the world to me! I shall repay the favor! Wishing you all Happy Reading & Inspired Writing!