Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IWSG - Marketing with the A to Z




It's that time again, a day to express insecurities, and boy do I have a few. Just last week I asked my publisher for the rights to my trilogy. Now, I'm dealing with cover designs, but thanks to a picture taken just last month in the snow, I had my start. I then sent that on to Michael Di Gesu, and he worked his magic. You can see the results in the sidebar -->
Murder, Madness & Love is now up as a Kindle, and I'm going to use Amazon to publish in paperback too.

Memories of Murder should be up as a Kindle in a few days. Murder & Obsession will come next. All while I’m working to get the Prequel to the Series online too!

Amazing but that when it rains, it pours! Up to my elbows in edits, and designs, and more edits, plus getting ready for the book tour for the Snowman, and this month, all month the A to Z!

That’s only the half of it, but, well, no more crying over spilled milk. Pulling up my big girl pants and getting to work! Wish me luck, because I’m damn sure as Hell going to need it!

The tour for the Snowman begins in May, there are still a few spots open, please consider hosting me that day for a review, guest post, or interview! Thank you! Just click HERE!


Happy April, everyone!

Question:

Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

Yes, as a matter of fact last year after the release of Murder & Obsession I used the A to Z to introduce the story and discuss Alaska. I sold 40 books that month. Not a bad start. And for this A to Z I'm going something similar for the Snowman!

Thank you, everyone, who stayed with the posts and bought the book! I enjoyed that A to Z almost as much as the one I did on Margaret Mitchell.


Be sure to say hello to the awesome co-hosts:



**

Be sure to check out the WEP Challenge for April

The post happens on the day for the letter 'P'

Sign up today!








24 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hi Yolanda! Let's hope you sell lots of The Snowman through marketing via the A-Z. And good for you getting your rights back. You are so controlled in that you're buttoning your lip as to the reasons why. Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, I sat down and wrote another post for the IWSG after I lost the first. I'd love to know why it disappeared. And, hey, I'm hoping Michael will turn up for WEP this month. :-)

Nilanjana Bose said...

All the very best, Yolanda! Wishing the Snowman great success!

I still haven't got the nerve to join up at ISWG. Though if insecurities are the qualification, I qualify top of the class :)

Unknown said...

Using the A-z for marketing is a great idea and exactly what I'm doing on my A-Z posts for April for other authors, and I will have a couple posts myself, but I really wanted to bring more to other indie authors with dirty secrets, something readers won't find in the books but can still connect to characters.
Yolanda- Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Decadent Kane Visiting from the A-Z Challenge
Paranormal Romance Author AC

Michelle Wallace said...

Those covers look DIVINE! Michael is sooooo good.
I remember those A to Z posts you used to introduce the story and discuss Alaska. A smart marketing strategy.
I signed up for WEP.
I've been busy with my WEP piece...it's already too long (500 words) and I'm nowhere near the end of the piece. So now I'm trying to edit BEFORE I even complete it. Makes no sense. LOL But I'm having fun.
(P.S. You can sign up on the WATWB linky list because it's a once-off sign up)

Yolanda Renée said...

For now, yes, lips are zipped. Glad you did, write for the IWSG, sorry for the lost post though. Things like that suck, big time! Michael just needs some encouragement, he's had a few rejections this year, and we all know how that feels!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's wonderful you got your book rights back and Michael did the covers for you. It is a lot of work but will be so worth it in the end.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Nila!
You may be the one person who doesn't need it! You have such a positive, uplifting personality. Although, we sure need it, and your comments give us that. Thank you!

Yolanda Renée said...

LOVE you dirty secrets posts! So imaginative. Thank you!!! You're welcome, thanks for visiting mine! Love making new friends through the A to Z, the best thing about it! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Isn't he. I love his artistic eye!
Cool, so glad to see you posting for the WEP again, love your flashes!!!
Thanks, I'll do that, just been hesitating because, well, so much on the plate!

Yolanda Renée said...

I think so too, Diane. But it'll be a nail biter to get it all done in time! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Michael did an awesome job!
The Snowman is coming through...
(Name that movie!)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I almost had to take a nap after reading all you have going on. Can you bottle that energy up and share it.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Staying busy will keep you out of trouble- that's what I tell my kids anyhow. LOL.

Good luck with it all! I know you'll manage it all like a pro.

Fundy Blue said...

Let me start off by wishing you a boatload of luck! How wonderful that you are up to your elbows with all these interesting things to do. Loved that cover on your book, Yolanda! Happy writing in April with the A to Z.

Julie Flanders said...

I love the new cover Michael did for you and can't wait to see the others when they are up. Good luck with the new launches! I hope this year's A-Z gives you even more sales of The Snowman and the rest.

Chrys Fey said...

I'm glad you got your rights back.

40 book sales is awesome!

Pat Hatt said...

Good to get the rights back, ugg to the extra headache. Haven't used amazon for paperback yet, I'll wait until it is fully fleshed out and stick with createspace for now.

Chemist Ken said...

Forget pulling up the big girl pants, you're going to need some serious medication so that you can forego the need to sleep. Good luck surviving April!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'm pulling up my big girl pants...pajama pants, that it, and then I'm going to take a nap. :)

Good luck with everything! You can do it!

The Happy Whisk said...

Look at you go. Cool beans.

Christine Rains said...

You're so busy! It's amazing all that you do. :) Good luck!

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

Hang in there, and don't forget that food, sleep, and exercise are all important too!
Rebecca The Ninja Librarian’s Favorite Characters and IWSG

Nas said...

I like the new cover. Awesome on all the things you do!

Olga Godim said...

Love the new covers! Michael did a great job.
Good luck with The Snowman tour.