Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A GRIZZLY HORROR


I am truly honored that Gary Pennick caretaker of
Penny the Jack Russell terrier
and modest internet superstar
has agreed to give us his answers to the
Bwahahaha Halloween Interview!

Please enjoy Gary's horror stories and then jump on over
she's hosting me today. The subject:
Why I chose An Alaskan Setting 
for my murder trilogy.
Oh, and don't forget the
W...E...P Halloween Haunting 
post due on 
October 30th! 
Have you signed up?

AND NOW TO GARY'S ANSWERS!



You're the last person to die in your favorite horror movie, what's the name of the movie and how do you die?


I wish I'd been the first person to die in my favourite horror movie, "Caligula", which was a horror, as such. Seeing the guy's dangly bits being fed to a bulldog was enough for me. It turns out that out I wasn't actually in my favourite horror movie and was stuck in the movie "Groundhog Day." I finally die, I think I finally die when, "Punxsutawney Phil", legendary groundhog, decides to, "Gobbler's Knob" me and I die a painful death. 


In a remake of one of the Friday the 13th movies – you play the killer or Jason what would be your method of execution for all your victims?


Ah yes, I remember the first twelve movies about Friday. My method of execution for all my victims would have to be tying them down, prying open their eyes and force them to watch reruns of "Glee Club." They would die a horrible death as their brains would explode with all the gosh darn giggly fun being forced upon them.  


In a remake of Halloween, you are one of the victims – describe the scene and your grizzly / grisly death.


A grizzly death!  I'm knocked over by a very heavy dude wearing a grizzly bear costume.  He is stumbling home from a Halloween party.  After knocking me over, he crushes me to death.  It doesn't bear thinking about.


In a remake of the 1974 movie Young Frankenstein – which character would you play and why.


I would play the part of Frau Blücher because I always wanted to be a forbidding housekeeper.  In fact, uttering such a name would cause horses to rear up and neigh madly in fright.  Don't nag the nag, me thinks.  


In the Walking Dead, you and another character have survived the zombies, so far. You're on the move, but the individual with you is a wimpy scaredy cat, but oh so hot, still they keep drawing attention to you and your position and it's almost certain they will get you killed. What do you do - leave them for the zombies and save yourself? Or take pity on them, because their hotness makes up for their stupidity, and teach them not to be a wimp? Or do you have another solution.


I'm going to have the best of both worlds.  I shall give her a long, lingering kiss which shall shut her up. Then, just when I've got the zombies moving past us, I shall throw her to them and get the hell out of there.  This reply was typed in front of a dead studio audience......


You're headed to a Masquerade party as your favorite horror character and at midnight, you are transformed into your character until sunrise. Who is this character and how many victims would you claim by sunrise?


At the stroke of midnight, I turn into my all time favourite horror character.  Until sunrise, I become David Cameron, Prime Minister of Britain. During my delusional state, I claim several thousand vulnerable people as my victims. I take all their money and give it to my rich banking friends. 


Share with us your scariest ghost story – or nightmare – or tell us what scares you the most and why.


I have a fear of success.  My comfort zone is actually an uncomfortable comfort zone.  


Share with us your favorite Halloween experience, costume, and candy.


My favourite Halloween experience was the time I owned a house in Langley, British Columbia.  It was great fun handing out candy to all those kids. Now that I live in England, no kids come to my door trick or treating.  In a way, that's good because I can eat all the candy that the kids who never came to my door could of had.  I went to a party dressed as Bob McKenzie and my then wife, dressed as Doug McKenzie.  You know of Bob and Doug? Two famous Canadians, eh.  

My favourite candy was those toffees wrapped in Halloween themed wrappers.

***** **** *****


Greetings, I've been honoured to have my blog "klahanie" featured on the B.B.C.'s radio station "Radio 5 Live." On a show titled: "Pods and Blogs", I tried to highlight in my interview, that it's time to eliminate the unfair stigma that's still attached to mental health issues. I firmly believe that the media can help redress the balance. How about sensationalizing the positive recovery stories rather than the negative stereotypes that people with mental health issues have to endure? I'm a man challenging his 'inner critic.' I will not 'surrender' to my symptoms. I give myself permission to be positive. I try to live my life with positive anticipation. I refuse to let negative speculation overwhelm me. We all have the right to peace and contentment. I want to give others positive affirmations. I'm not daunted by my loneliness. For in my solitude, I have discovered a determined resilience. I care passionately for people who have been undermined in an unjust world. I challenge the stigma that still surrounds mental health issues.


Right then, my blog, or should I say, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar's blog can be found here 


I'm on Farcebook, um, Facebook, here : Gary Philip Pennick


And yep, Twitter, here : chelseacanadian

***** *** *****

32 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Gary is amazing. No wonder he's been featured on radio. More power to him. Yolanda, do you ever sleep? These interviews must be hell ('scuse the pun) to collate. Go baby!
Thanks for the shout out for my blog and WEP.

Denise

Mark Koopmans said...

I was a bit horrified to see you had Gary on as an interviewee.

To be honest, I felt a bit dead inside when I read the answers and now I feel like.... wait, there's someone knocking (wow, it sounds like they're hammering at the door..... oh, here's Johnny, so I'll have to go now...

PS... I was howling at the moon when I read the one about the PM... that was funny in a scary way :)

Cheers, Gazza :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hilarious answers! Watching Glee would kill me.
Now, go enjoy all that Halloween candy you don't have to give to strange kids.

Pat Hatt said...

Ouch, who got it worse, you are poor phil lol

Pat Hatt said...

or*

L. Diane Wolfe said...

you went dressed as Bob and Doug - I love it!

Julie Flanders said...

I laughed out loud at Gary's choice for horror character. Perfect! Also love the "glee club" death. That would be a cruel way to go for sure LOL LOL.
I knew this would be a great one when I saw that Gary and Penny were here! :)

Christine Rains said...

This is the funniest interview yet! *LOL* I'm still giggling. Bob and Doug are awesome, and yeah, the British PM is pretty scary, but not as much as an uncomfortable comfort zone. Yikes! Mmm, toffees.

Unknown said...

Too funny-- ode to Gary for sure! Thanks for the fun interview you two!

Michelle Wallace said...

Ouch! I burst out laughing at the "guys dangly bits being fed to a bulldog" in the first answer....
Hilarious interview!

Maurice Mitchell said...

You can't get too comfortable Gary. Another great interview Yolanda.

Bevimus said...

Another hysterical interview- thank you, Gary!

And Yolanda- in case I haven't said it already, this is my favorite thing going on in the web this month. I laugh every time I come by!

The Armchair Squid said...

Most amusing, Gary!

klahanie said...

Gidday Denise,

I really must come over and visit your blog. Yep, jump over and see what Yolanda has to say for herself. Thanks for your kind words. Yolanda has been having a hectic time. She needs some rest. I need to figure out what time zone I'm in. You know that feeling your in every time zone but your own....

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hey Mazza!

I was a bit horrified about you being a bit horrified.

To be honest. I'm sure your always honest, to be honest :) Here's...Mazza!

Ah yes, the delusional Prime Minister of Britain. He likes to eat hot dogs with the President of the USA. Gosh and yay.

Thank you, Mazza! :)

klahanie said...

Hi Alex,

Thank you, kind sir. I guess this means you wont be signing up for "The Glee Club Blogfest".

I shall be stuffing my face with sweets or candy. Ah the advantage of being in England.

Thank you, Alex.

Gary

klahanie said...

Hey Pat in the Hatt and his rhyming cat,

The groundhog got the worst of it. Still, it kept the groundhog quiet for awhile!

Thank you, Pat.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Diane,

We sure did, eh. A couple of hosers, eh! :)

Thank you, Diane.

Gary

klahanie said...

Hi Julie Flanders,

David Cameron should have his eyes pried open and forced to watch episode after episode of Glee Club. Then again, he might like it.

Thank you, Julie and Penny thanks you.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Christine,

You are way too kind. I have to admit that Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar, helped me with the answers. Bog and Doug, Canadian legends, eh. David Cameron is scary. An uncomfortable comfort zone is quite the challenge to get out of. I must have a chew over that.

Thank you, Christine.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Julie Luek,

Thanks for that. Ode what fun we had today...oops, wrong time of the year. It was flattering that Yolanda would ask me, yes me, shy and humble me.

Thank you, Julie.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Michelle,

Ouch and I state that in my high-pitched voice. Thanks, Michelle.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Maurice,

Exactly. Especially when I realise that the comfort zone is rather uncomfortable. When we stop learning, we stop living.

Thank you, Maurice.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi Beverly,

And thank you, Beverly. That's most kind of you.

Yolanda is a marvel.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi The Armchair Squid.

Thanks and I need all the um kelp I can get.

Gary :)

M Pax said...

Death by Glee is very creative. :)

Will come stalk you, Yolanda.

David Macaulay said...

haa - nice line re David Cameron lol

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi,
I am here today from Arlee's page,
very interesting pieces here, along with thought provoking responses.
Go ahead with those lovely candy experience of Halloween LOL
Phil

klahanie said...

Hi Mary,

Death by Glee, the horror of horrors and I giggle myself to death.

Yolanda, you seem to have a stalker :)

Thank you, Mary.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi P V,

Ah yes, Arlee, the man who loves the alphabet! :)

Indeed, my responses were for the betterment of mankind. Time for some Halloween candy.

Thank you, kind sir.

Gary :)

klahanie said...

Hi David,

David Cameron, the man who tells us we're all in this together. Which actually means, let the peasants pay for everything while his rich mates have a good laugh.

Thank you, David.

Gary :)