Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ELEMENTAL HORROR!


Meet our newest victim of the Bwahahaha Halloween Interview
a blogger, artist, and YA author
Think he can deal with the horror of Halloween?



You're the last person to die in your favorite horror movie, what's the name of the movie and how do you die?


Nightmare On Elm Street (the original). I would probably die by being trapped in a house on fire as that is my biggest fear.


In a remake of Friday the 13th - you play Jason - what would be your method of execution for all your victims?


Why mess with the classic machete to the head. Hey, it works.


In a remake of Halloween, you are one of the victims - describe the scene and your grisly death.


Hiding in a stairwell, the blinking light is sending shadows along the walls. I hear a door creak open but the direction of the sound is lost to me. I make a decision to run down the stairs checking behind me at every step. Just as I reach the lobby door I turn to make sure no one is following me. A piercing stab enters my stomach. I turn to see Michael's blank eyes staring down at me, his knife blade buried to the hilt. With a gasp I fall to the ground and close my eyes as blood pools around me.


In a remake of the 1974 movie Young Frankenstein - which character would you play and why. 


Dr. Frankenstein because I love Gene Wilder and getting to say I was him would be awesome.


In the Walking Dead, you and another character have survived the zombies, so far. You're on the move, but the individual with you is a wimpy scaredy cat, but oh so hot, still they keep drawing attention to you and your position and it's almost certain they will get you killed. What do you do - leave them for the zombies and save yourself? Or take pity on them, because their hotness makes up for their stupidity, and teach them not to be a wimp? Or do you have another solution.


Well, hotness only goes so far. Still I doubt I could just leave them. I would attempt teaching them to be better, and explain that if they couldn't learn to survive then I would have no choice but to separate from them. Besides they might make nice bait for me to pick off some zombies.


You're headed to a Masquerade party as your favorite horror character and at midnight, you are transformed into your character until sunrise. Who is this character and how many victims would you claim by sunrise?


The one that scared me the most as a kid was, Freddy, so I'd say him. Given that it is night and people are sleeping I'd say I'd clean up quite well by morning.


Share with us your scariest ghost story - or nightmare - or tell us what scares you the most and why. 


As far as dying goes fire is my biggest fear. So I guess I could have answered Young Frankenstein up there, lol. Still being a father my true biggest fear is something happening to my children.


Share with us your favorite Halloween experience, costume, and candy.


This last Halloween my kids got to go full out on their costumes and we got to walk our neighborhood and trick or treat with them. It was the first time they had really be super into it. That was probably my favorite Halloween so far.

 Sounds like a father enjoying his role of daddy! 
How sweet and so not horrifying, but we love it because
Halloween is for kids too!
My fondest memories are of Halloween fun as a child.
Thank you Brandon! 
Happy Fatherhood!
All the best with Elemental and Ashes!


***** ***** ***** *****



Genre: YA fiction, Urban Fantasy


Sophia's mother disappeared when she was six, leaving behind a broken father and sleep disturbed by silent terrors. Now twelve years later, the nightmares that plagued her youth have suddenly returned.



With dark creatures occupying her nights and a sense of restlessness consuming her days, all she wants is to finish school and get out of her small town as fast as possible. Everything changes when she is confronted with the realization that the shadowy beings from her dreams are real. The truth of this reality hits hard when someone she loves is killed. It would seem that anyone in their way is disposable.



A mysterious boy named Aiden enters her life bringing with him all sorts of complications. They're drawn to each other, but their connection brings Aiden right into the path of her half-demon nightmares. With her father and several new friends put in the cross-hairs, Sophia must decide whether to let the shadows take her or stand her ground and fight. As the school year steadily moves closer to an end her decision may come with the cost of her life or worse—the lives of those she cares about.



Genre: YA, Urban Fantasy.

A year ago, Sophia would have told you monsters existed only in the movies. That the world is easily understood and life has a way of making sense.  A year ago, Sophia would have been wrong.

Her world had changed and she'd seen behind the curtain.  With Aiden and the others by her side, all she wants now is answers. The monsters were gone, but in their absence new questions about her past were left to haunt.

As the search for answers begins, a remnant from her nightmares returns. Her new understanding of the world is once more shaken and she finds herself on the opposite side of powerful Elementals.

When those sworn to protect humanity are your enemies, the lines of right and wrong become blurred. One wrong choice and she could be left with ashes.

***** ***** ***** *****  

BRANDON AX fell in love with fantasy as child after first devouring the entire Chronicles of Narnia series. Born in New Orleans, Brandon spent most of his childhood moving from state to state across the southern part of America. Gaining a love of people and their many stories, he decided to pursue a career in writing. After years of tuning his craft he finished his first novel ELEMENTAL.

Living in South Carolina with his wife, two children and three dogs, he spends his days dreaming up new worlds and fascinating characters. Hard at work on his follow up to ELEMENTAL he enjoys the task of molding a story to its completion.  Catch up with Brandon on his Blog!

***** ***** ***** *****

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Brandon, I enjoyed your interview. Yolanda sure hit all the freaky and creepy Halloween bases, didn't she? Have a great week. :-)

dolorah said...

Hi Brandon. Love your answers.

Yolanda; these interviews have been fun. What a great interview concept. I finished your novel and am working on the review. Should have it to you in the next couple days.

.......dhole

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just being a father would be my greatest fear!
Who doesn't want to be Gene Wilder?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's nice to know kids still go Trick-or-Treating. We haven't had any in our neighborhood in 6-7 years.

Pat Hatt said...

Yep, they always make good bait haha

Unknown said...

I miss having kids come to the house on Halloween...Then again I miss Halloween. Brandons books look awesome...Good luck! Fun interviews Yolanda!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Fun interview!

We don't get nearly as many trick or treaters as we used to years ago, but we must buy candy. Just to be prepared, of course.

Unknown said...

Fun answers Brandon. You all are too scary for me! Looking for my blankie now.

Sherry Ellis said...

Scary stuff! You know what I like to do on Halloween? Sit on my porch step, hidden behind a bush. I don't make a noise, and I always scare kids who come around that bush and see me! Hee Hee!

Romance Book Haven said...

Scary!

We don't have trick o treating in our country. But I use to keep candy handy when we were living in NZ for kids. Used to love all the costumes.

Nas

Cherie Reich said...

Great interview! Trick or treating with kids can be a lot of fun. I used to take my sister (she's 13 years younger) sometimes, and it was fun (and I sometimes got more candy than she did).

Arlee Bird said...

Sounds like Brandon's got the successful horror formula down pat. I agree about taking the kids trick or treating. I had such fun when my kids were little.

Good luck with the book Brandon!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Brandon Ax said...

Thanks for doing the interview it was fun to answer.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Brandon, your answers are great!

Everyone, appreciate your comments and continued support for this fun, fun series!