Monday, April 18, 2016

O - OBSESSION

IS FOR OBSESSION

Obsession – an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind. In Murder & Obsession, a man is obsessed with a woman. He will do anything and everything in his power to gain the object of his obsession, even murder.

Rapunzel's tower is a symbol of the Obsession.

Photo Copyright

Murder & Obsession
Excerpt:

This is a nightmare that represents obsession; it's one that haunts Steven as he searches for answers.
 A scenic trail, bright sunshine, and clear skies. Steven and Sarah followed the river south.
“You do realize we’ll take the same trail back,” Steven informed her after they’d stopped yet again to take photographs.
“I know, but not until after lunch. The light will be different then.”
“The middle of winter and you want to eat lunch in the cold.”
“I want to do more than eat lunch. This is a honeymoon, isn’t it? You brought a tent and sleeping bag for a reason.”
Steven laughed. His angel loved getting naked in the snow. Only half a mile later, Sarah stopped again to snap a few pictures of the valley laid out before them, and Steven had to admit, the day was perfect. No, he thought, she’s perfect. He gazed at his wife with admiration.
The red laser light of a rifle sight bounced off the white of her fur collar, and the fracture of a gunshot registered just as Sarah dropped to the ground.
Steven was instantly at her side, his gaze on the area where the blast originated.

The shooter stepped out from his hiding place and declared, “If I can’t have her, neither will you. See how you enjoy life without Sarah by your side.”

*****



Please add my books to your Goodreads Account.
Murder, Madness & Love
Memories of Murder
Murder & Obsession

And try for a free copy of 
Murder & Obsession on Amazon.
(just click the links)


Please support my Thunderclap!

Remember every comment during the A to Z will be an entry to win a 
paperback copy of the trilogy!
(signed if I can send by mail)


51 comments:

Rachna Chhabria said...

Loved the excerpt Yolanda, was at the edge of my seat reading it. Like the way you built it up. The gun shot came as a bolt from the blue. I thought they would perhaps kiss :(

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That dude would be dead...

Sophie Duncan said...

'If I can't have _____, no-one can,' is just awful. I don't understand how anyone can be so selfish, but then obsession is a very selfish thing, it locks out everything else.

Very powerful image,
Sophie
Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles | Wittegen Press | FB3X

Jackie said...

Great excerpt, Yolanda!

Hart Johnson said...

*shivers* Oh, man... Yeah, that's obsession alright. Great excerpt.

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi, Rachna, it was meant to be shocking. That kind of obsession is. Thanks for stopping by!

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi, Alex, I agree, he should be!

Yolanda Renée said...

Happy Monday, Sophie, that's the way some of these guys feel. I even had an idiot say that to me. Frightening!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Jackie!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Hart!

cleemckenzie said...

You sort of left us dangling there, Yolanda!

The Cynical Sailor said...

Tantalizing excerpt! Obsession is such a powerful thing and can lead to such tragedy at times.

Cheers - Ellen | thecynicalsailor.blogspot.com

Misha Gerrick said...

Obsession can make for such compelling stories...

Pat Hatt said...

Obsession can sure lead to crazy nut balls rather quickly

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Like Alex said: that dude would be dead!

Guilie Castillo said...

By the end I'd forgotten this was a dream; I remembered and felt relieved, the way one does when waking from a nightmare—and then I remembered that the loss, if not the scene, is all too real :( Poor Steven... (But great, great excerpt.)
Guilie @ Life In Dogs

Pat Garcia said...

I have started reading this book and have to admit that I must make myself put it down so that I will not lose sight of the challenge. I do wish that I had read book one first though. I am thinking about not ending book three and go back to and read book one. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I like your style. You have a way of drawing the reader in.

Visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge.

Shalom,
Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Pat, you've made my day. Well, actually two things have today, you, and another 5 star review. I'm over the moon!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Guilie, that means a lot!

Yolanda Renée said...

I did, didn't I. LOL Hi, Lee!

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi, Ellen, very powerful and frightening!

Yolanda Renée said...

And it does!

Yolanda Renée said...

Exactly!

Yolanda Renée said...

LOL, enjoying the testosterone today! :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Unhealthy obsession + stalking = recipe for disaster.
Writer In Transit

Jo said...

Oh dear. I hope he gets his comeuppance.

Yolanda Renée said...

Most definitely!

Yolanda Renée said...

Shh, don't tell, but yes, he does!

Liz Brownlee said...

Crikey, that's a bit harsh! Poor woman! And she didn't even get a final romp in the snow! ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

Samantha Bryant said...

Obsession. It's more than a perfume! @mirymom1 from
Balancing Act

Ella said...

Now, this is the stuff that really scares the hell out of me~ Yikes!

Yolanda Renée said...

Never thought of it that way! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Most definitely! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi, Ella, happens every day though!

D.G. Hudson said...

I think that premise of 'if I can't have it neither will you' happens more than people realize especially in triangle relationships. Harassment can easily grow into obsession.

Jade C. Jamison said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Didn't see that coming. Love it! Definitely obsessed!

Kalpana said...

I really cannot wait to read this book once it's out. That buildup was perfect. I love the way you lulled us into contentment - picnic, honeymoon, banter and then the contrast of the laser of a rifle sight and the crack of a rifle. Terrible.

Elizabeth said...

I was following along, thinking about my own fondness of photography, and that gunshot just came out of the blue! Great job! Obsession makes people do really stupid things.

Unknown said...

I like the excerpt, is that really Rapunzel's tower in the photo? I just learned that there is a fairy tale in which Rapunzel was pregnant now there is her tower :D

Deborah Drucker said...

Creepy guy.

The Happy Whisk said...

Yikes on what he did and what's coming.

Frank Parker said...

Naughty question - how did he 'pocket his gun' that was previously described as a rifle? That's some long pocket!
Won't stop me including you in my #atoztreasure round up of the best of #atozchallenge, though.

@fparkerswords
Frank Parker’s Author Site

Yolanda Renée said...

Love it, did it really say that? Damn, even the editor missed that one. LOL

Yolanda Renée said...

A very scary proposition!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Jade!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Kalpanaa, appreciate your kind words!

Yolanda Renée said...

It does, it definitely does!

Yolanda Renée said...

It's just a picture to demonstrate the story. Pregnant, hmm...

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Deborah!

Anaya said...

jharresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in 2016, Raj Result, results nic in 2017, HP Results, class result 2017, Kerala Results, results 2016, announcement 2016

Çisil1 said...

Balıkesir
Bursa
Mersin
Konya
Van

WVJE