Thursday, October 24, 2013

AN ASYLUM OF HORROR!




 horror author and my latest victim
as he introduces his latest work
and answers the questions in the
Bwahahaha Halloween Interview!

You're the last person to die in your favorite horror movie, what's the name of the movie and how do you die?

        Circus Comes to Town.
        It’s almost over. Everything has fallen into place so very well. But what’s this? No! How did they survive? It can’t end this way. Smile now, but I’ll be back. And you won’t be here to stop me!
        Yes, I’m the diabolical ringmaster of a demented circus in my favorite movie. What? You thought I would be the good guy? Where did it say I had to be the good guy?

In a remake of one of the Friday the 13th movies – you play Jason – what would be your method of execution for all your victims?

        I always enjoyed it when Jason got creative with his choice of weapon. I’d have to do the same and take advantage of whatever was around. Of course, nothing goes better with that iconic hockey mask than a pitted machete.

In a remake of Halloween, you are one of the victims – describe the scene and your grisly death.

        Summer is nearing its end, the night cold, leaves making a stealthy escape impossible. Maybe I can buy my friends a few precious moments to get away…put some distance between them and the thing stalking us. I fall back from the rest, out of their sight so as not to cause them to stop out of misplaced concern. I hear the maniac’s stride, constant and strong. Tightening my grip on the machete, I turn to face the masked fiend. It doesn’t take long, but as my weapon breaks in the thing’s grip, I know my friends at least have a chance now.

In a remake of the 1974 movie Young Frankenstein – which character would you play and why.

Would have to be Frankenstein. I’m a sucker for physical comedy.

In the Walking Dead, you and another character have survived the zombies, so far. You're on the move, but the individual with you is a wimpy scaredy cat, but oh so hot, still they keep drawing attention to you and your position and it's almost certain they will get you killed. What do you do - leave them for the zombies and save yourself? Or take pity on them, because their hotness makes up for their stupidity, and teach them not to be a wimp? Or do you have another solution.

        If there are rotting bags of unending hunger running around giving humanity the big nom in a world without working toilets, a person’s hotness is the least of my concerns. Either the person in question gets it right in a hurry or joins the shambling horde without even a proper send-off. Bullets aren’t easy to come by, you know.

You're headed to a Masquerade party as your favorite horror character and at midnight, you are transformed into your character until sunrise. Who is this character and how many victims would you claim by sunrise?

        Pennywise. No question. A clown that becomes some spider-thing that drives people insane…all the good stuff in one coulrophobia-inducing package. How many victims, you ask? As many as I can make float down here.

Share with us your scariest ghost story – or nightmare – or tell us what scares you the most and why.

        This may sound strange coming from a horror writer, but it’s my fellow humans who scare me the most. The things they’re willing to do to one another makes anything I create shrink in terror. I write horror as an escape from the very real atrocities of humanity.

Share with us your favorite Halloween experience, costume, and candy.

        I don’t write about them much, but my favorite costume was a werewolf. I walked around town in a full-body, black and silver costume, no one knowing it was me. I left my candy behind at some point long forgotten and just got into character. No, I didn’t attack anyone, but slipping into that mindset was exhilarating for a night. To me, that’s just one of the wonderful things about Halloween: Being other.







A monster laments the changes made to conform to the modern world. A son and daughter return home to honor the father who made them. A wicked tongue refuses to stay silent.

Listen closely. The voices...the voices must be heard.

Welcome to Asylum Echoes, a collection of previously published or performed work by horror writer Devlin Giroux. Artwork by award-winning tattoo artist Mike Davis. Cover photography by fellow dark artist David Crippen.



 ***** *** *****

Devlin's other works can be found here:





La Petite Morgue Links:
This is a horror theatre in New York that has chosen a couple of my plays for their readings and showcases.


Devlin Giroux lives in Michigan where he is at work on his first novel, numerous short stories, and live horrors for the stage. Besides his efforts for the Lost Word, other works have surfaced at Dark River Press, TREI Literary, Night Terrors Magazine, Flashes in the Dark, and Fantastic Horror’s anthology: Good vs. Evil. His one-act horror play, Jester, was part of La Petite Morgue’s Fresh Blood series in New York, meaning a play he wrote made it there before him. This fact keeps him awake at night.



***** *** *****

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have to agree with him on what is truly scary.

Pat Hatt said...

Helping your friends get away and not using them as bad guy bait, how nice of you haha

Romance Reader said...

Fun interview! Congratulations on the release. Sounds chilling, though!

Hi Yolanda!

Nas

Maurice Mitchell said...

That wolf is awesome so I'll bet your designs are killer Man.

Yolanda Renée said...

Devlin, thank you so much for participating!

Alex, Pat, RR and Maurice - thanks for your continued support. It's been a great month of Halloween Interviews and only a few more to go. So thank you, it is so appreciated!

klahanie said...

HI Yolanda and Devlin,

This was such an enlightening interview. What really struck a chord was that the real horrors perpetrated by mankind are scary, indeed.

Thank you both for this.

Gary

Christine Rains said...

Great interview! Pennywise. Yup, now that's one of the most frightening answers so far. *shudders*

Unknown said...

Thank you, Yolanda, for a very fun interview. Also, thank you to all who commented for supporting writing and writers. As solitary as the life can be, it does this dark heart good to know there are others out there.

Devlin