Friday, January 12, 2024

Pink City

NOIR

She was a beauty

tall and blonde

with curves in all the right places

she claimed to have loved him

couldn’t live without him

but now was forced to

she hired me to find his killer

the trail had gone cold

the police had given up

could I do what they couldn’t

I gave it my best

just to stay in her presence

shock of shock

I became the top suspect

had she set me up

I couldn’t believe she would

those lips, that kiss

her tears, those eyes

I’m no fool

but the bars of my cage say differently.

YRS © 2024





 

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling. And awed.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like she's the on who murdered him.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

She framed him!

Debbie D. said...

Love the surprise ending; a cunning black widow! ☺ And what a gorgeous sunset photo. ♥

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I've always told my boys to never trust women. LOL. Just kidding. I actually told them not to trust SOME women. The kind like this one.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, everyone. Sue, Alex, Diane, Debbie and Elizabeth!
I warned my boys too. :)
I hope this becomes my next novel. It'll sure be fun to write. And with a title like Pink City, it's got to be a winner! Right? LOL

Keep writing everyone, Happy New Year!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Renee - I can see it'd been/be fun to write ... loved the story line - and yes why not - title Pink City ... I'd be tempted to read ...

Enjoy your writing ... I must get to WEP Anthology ... I'm coming out of my year's funk I hope ... cheers and see you around - and yes - Happy New Year and on ... Hilary xo

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Hilary! I do understand the year-end funk. I hope you've found the New Your holds exciting opportunities and that funk has flown the coup! Sending positive vibes, and numerous hugs to help you cope!

Maurice Mitchell said...

What an amazing poem and a great classic twist. I hope you have an amazing day Yolanda

thegeektwins.com

Denise Covey said...

Hi Renee. Looking forward to this one!

Jemi Fraser said...

Oh, man!!!
You're so good at twists!