Friday, January 6, 2023

Announcing the WEPs 2023 Challenge Calendar



As it was the Movie Poster we found

most inspiring we'll be starting off

in February with

"GONE WITH THE WIND" 

Remember, it's all about what inspires you:


GWTW can be the springboard for a million ideas- civil war, love, the definition of beauty (‘Scarlett O’Hara was not beautiful but men seldom realized it..’), racism, slavery, strong women, gun violence, plantations, breaking conventions, the bond between fathers and daughters, mothers and daughters, the love for a piece of land, a lament for a vanishing society…alternatively, even an essay on the stars or the film director or the author Margaret Mitchell or some aspect of the making of the film...endless opportunities for creativity.

JOIN US IN FEBRUARY
THE WEP
WRITE...EDIT...PUBLISH
AND WIN A PRIZE OR TWO!




12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you and the team. I have seen none of those movies - though I have read the books to some.

Denise Covey said...

It looks like an awesome year ahead for WEP. My head is whirling with ideas for GWTW.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

June and December sound interesting.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Yolanda - I'll be there ... looks to be fun once again - I'll be doing my usual off the page take - and I do wish WEP and its administrators a very happy New Year - and all the best ... cheers Hilary

Nilanjana Bose said...

Excited! GWTW is one of my favourite books ever!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have that poster! Did you know the woman in the poster isn't Vivian Leigh? She wasn't cast in the role yet when the poster was created. That's the artist's rendering of Scarlet from the book description. Yeah, I'm a bit of a GWTW fan. LOL

Yolanda Renée said...

Too Cool! I love that! And yes, GWTW is my all-time favorite too. Margaret Mitchell, my author inspiration! I'm looking forward to Feb. And no I did not know all that, thanks!

Yolanda Renée said...

Mine too. A New Year filled with so many possibilities! Love it!

Yolanda Renée said...

Your off the page take is always is always a winner. Thank you for your participation!

Yolanda Renée said...

I think the entire year will prove most challenging and full of fun!

Yolanda Renée said...

I'm thrilled to see you so excited. It adds to the fun!

Yolanda Renée said...

Thank you Sue, we greatly appreciated your participation.