Monday, September 27, 2021

The Dead Will Walk on Halloween!

 


Ghouls

There's plenty of ghouls

on land and sea

some drowned

others just tried to flee

from a life

long and hard

or a crime they didn't foresee

watery deaths

or bones

those murderers

buried deep

terra Earth

will always be discreet

but on Halloween

those spirits will arise

to remind the living

that evil thrives

and is always close by.

   Yolanda Renée  (C) 2021

*****

It's almost time for the "WEP"


OCTOBER CHALLENGE










8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I suspect (hope) that my natural perversity would carry though after death, and I would walk any damn time I felt like it.
Love your poem though.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great tease to get us excited for the October WEP. Great poem.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it!!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Renee - excellent poem ... love the way you take us through to 'The Scream' ... ghouls - could have had plenty of those today arising from the thrashing seas ... cheers! Hilary

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks, Sue. I would walk too, anytime I felt like it. Just try and keep me down. :)

Yolanda Renée said...

I love Halloween, and the WEP challenges. Such fun!

Yolanda Renée said...

Love you!

Yolanda Renée said...

Too many ghouls for my taste but those who've met an untimely death deserve their chance to speak too! :)