Sunday, July 17, 2022

Choose Beauty

 

Look at that sky

sorrow and sadness must fly

it's time to stand up

kick abuse to the curb

no more woe-is-me

no more words that disturb

God gave us a choice

He gave us a voice

I'll make my way

beginning today

and for all the tomorrows

believing in truth

forgiveness and peace

a gift from above

given in love

ours to claim

and without blame

see how easy it is

to wash away the gray.

***

 Yolanda Renée ©2022



Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. 



7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful. I hope you can indeed wash away the gray...

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Faith gets me through every time.

Nilanjana Bose said...

I'm with you in washing away the grey and choosing beauty. There's so much of it around us...focussing on it calms me down. Wishing you strength and beautiful skies.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Renee - we're all struggling in one way or another ... and I'm glad I can cope and stay positive ... but certainly feel for many - take care and all the best to you ... stay safe - cheers Hilary

Debbie D. said...

Wishing you all the best! ♥

Denise Covey said...

I nearly missed this. Renee, I'm pleased at the positivity in this poem. There are some things we can control, and others are out of our hands, but it sounds like you've turned a corner. Choose beauty for sure!

News Daily said...

Reform theology originated with the teachings of John Calvin, a French theologian who lived in the 16th century. Calvin's teachings emphasized the sovereignty of God in salvation and the doctrine of predestination, which holds that God chooses who will be saved before they are born. Calvin's ideas were highly influential in the Protestant Reformation, which sought to reform the Catholic Church. Visit: Five points of calvinism Smith