Wednesday, February 17, 2021

WEP - Your Kiss

 

Photo by Fabrizio Verrecchia on Unsplash

Your Kiss

A connection unbreakable

enveloped in desire

abandonment

lips meet

complete surrender

home finally, home

 

Oh, that kiss

And everyone after

words can never describe

memories will never subside

a want seeking fulfillment

a place only lovers know

 

That kiss

stole my soul

imprisoned my heart

fulfilled every fantasy

more

please, more

 

That kiss

surpassed all dreams

nourished every wish

but time plays a cruel game

distance more harsh

still memories recall

 

That kiss

even today, years beyond

it's

that kiss

that I desire

and my heart requires.

Copyright 2021 Yolanda Renée

*****


18 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Wow, Renee, you're so poetic. Perfect for THE KISS of course. I loved the memories so strong in this heart despite the passing of years. Very powerful and poignant. Thank you.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Brilliant Renee - thank you ... as Denise says ... it is poetic through and through. I've never experienced a kiss to this depth of thought ... but I know they are there ... one reads stories, it's seen in real life - excellent take on the prompt. I thoroughly enjoyed it ... Hilary

Jemi Fraser said...

Fabulous! Full of memory and love!

Toi Thomas said...

Glad to see some poetry. A nicely describe perfect kiss goes a long way. Fitting for the prompt, the season, and more.

Olga Godim said...

Love your poem! Absolutely love it.

Edix said...

Lovely imagery

Steph W. said...

Very nice. I can sense the longing and the fond memories.

N. R. Williams said...

How sweet. I love it.
Nancy

Nilanjana Bose said...

So pleased to read a poem entry! Home as metaphor for the kiss is just perfect. A great sense of yearning. Beautiful!

Sanhita Mukherjee said...

Ever since I've learned about the prompt, I've expected soothing poems. Finally, i got one. Thank you.

Natalie Aguirre said...





Awesome poem. I really enjoyed it.


cleemckenzie said...

I'm imagining that kiss and how it would linger in memory forever. Loved the poem, Yolanda.

L.G. Keltner said...

I always enjoy a good poem! Excellently written and perfect for the prompt!

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

Really nice. I like the shape of the poem,too.

Anstice Brown said...

Beautiful! I love the imagery and passion in your poem. What a wonderful memory of romance.

Kalpana said...

Sheer poetry for the prompt. The emotion was poignant and I liked how the early excitement at the kiss slowly gave way to yearning for more. Nice rhyming scheme too.

Debbie D. said...

I was totally swept up in the passion! Fabulous poem, Yolanda. 👏👏👏

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

A beautifully written poem. Sorry that I am so dreadfully late in commenting.