Thursday, July 30, 2015

MOONLIGHT BALLET

This is a Friday Fictioneers Flash Fiction Challenge. Hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields  and all based off a photo. This weeks prompt is provided by and copyright to G. L. MacMillan.

Rochelle requires participants, in 100 words or less write about the picture provided. You can read this week’s stories by clicking on the Blue Links and the blue frog on Rochelle's page.


© G. L. MacMillan

Moonlight Ballet

The light that filtered through the hundreds of colorful bottles in my uncle's house created unusual ballets on the dull surfaces. Sometimes I could swear I heard whispers.

The purple bottle intrigued me the most. One moonlit night I spied a dancing beam. Against orders, I touched the bottle. An electrical charge shot through me and light filled the room.

Instantaneously my missing parents stood before me.

My uncle thundered into the room, his demonic form revealed.

Safely cocooned in my parent's luminosity, I saw a ray of fire emanating from the remaining bottles hold him spellbound until he disintegrated.


100 words
Yolanda Renee © 2015

*****



The WEP-Write…Edit…Publish August Challenge – Spectacular Settings is coming up on the 19th
Today Denise Covey is talking all about the skill of writing amazing settings. Check out the




23 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

Beautiful photo. :-)

And I love the way you used it.

Pat Hatt said...

The uncle got his due in the end

Chrys Fey said...

"unusual ballets on the dull surfaces." I love that!

Chrys Fey said...

"unusual ballets on the dull surfaces." I love that!

Priceless Joy said...

Wonderful imaginative story! I loved the way you worded your sentences and the fact that the devil uncle got his due reward.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that you did this so well, and only 150 words.

Jo said...

Positively demonic. Very evocative too.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Misha, appreciate your visit and comment!

Yolanda Renée said...

He'd collected and surrounded himself with too much goodness for his own good! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Chrys, that how I saw the light dancing.

Yolanda Renée said...

Devil always gets his reward - goodness conquers evil in my books every time. Thanks Joy!

Yolanda Renée said...

It took about five re-writes to get it to flow, and I think it still might be a bit choppy, but that's the challenge. Thanks Ivy!

Yolanda Renée said...

Souls in a bottle, or hundreds of souls in bottles, just what a nasty demon would do. Thanks Jo!

Yolanda Renée said...

LOL, I just realized the word count I had listed was wrong at 150 - totally missed that, now changed to the proper and accurate count of 100 - thanks to you. Believe me if I'd had that extra fifty words this might have been a masterpiece. :) ha, ha, still laughing! Thanks for catching that!

draliman said...

Quite a touching story what with being saved by the parents, even though there's a demon involved! I wonder if the parents were trapped by demon uncle, or if they entombed themselves on purpose to save the child in case the uncle got "out of hand"?
Great story!

Maurice Mitchell said...

Wow. It's amazing how powerful a story you can tell in so few words Yolanda. You have real talent.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your imagination knows no bounds, girl. Great job! (I'll never again look at shelves filled with dusty antique bottles quite the same...)

Happy weekend!

Yolanda Renée said...

For the daughter they were missing, but yes, the uncle had trapped them. Thanks Alistair.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Maurice, i'm not sure if it's a talent or I'm too lazy to write a longer piece. :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Hey Susan, told you I'd move you to the top. I actually collect those dusty antique bottles, cobalt blue!

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Yolanda Renee,

That's one way to get rid of a troublesome uncle. Nicely done.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Tara Tyler said...

intense with a magnificent ending! sweet!

Gah Learner said...

Wow, this is great, an exciting story, beginning to end.