Monday, May 18, 2015

SQUIRREL PROOF




 
 
 
 

This is new growth - we planted ten pine trees last fall - eight survived.
 
 


 Meet Margaret -  my neighbor.
 
 


I hope you enjoyed some of the colors from my yard. Of course, I did not have my camera when the most curious thing happened. This bird feeder is advertised as squirrl proof, put weight on the top and it closes.
 
The culprit!

Yesterday I walked outside to find a squirrel inside the feeder, pushing the seeds out for his friend on the ground. His tail was coiled around the top and should have been my first clue, but honestly, I thought the poor thing was trapped inside. I walked toward the feeder to help and the squirrel scrambled out. The next morning I found the entire feeder in pieces on the ground.

Enjoy your week; I'm in the middle of edits - a seemingly never-ending process. I wanted to participate in the Blood Boobs & Carnage Bloghop - but can't take the time away from edits.

My choice for the hop would have been the movies Kill Bill: Vol 1 and 2.


Do check out the Blood Boobs & Carnage Bloghop, it promises to be fun if not eye opening.



12 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

haha those squirrels really wanted to eat. Hopefully your neighbor doesn't hog everything

Chrys Fey said...

I knew it was a squirrel! Those creatures are very, very sneaky.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope the squirrel doesn't find a way.
Nice flowers.
And Kill Bill fits so well.

Julie Flanders said...

What gorgeous flowers. And I love Margaret! :D
Good luck with your edits.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Pat, Chrys, Alex, and Julie - I'm just taking a break from edits to surf a bit. Getting rid of the word 'was' isn't as easy as it sounds. The squirrels are still trying to hog all the food, but the birds aren't frightened off by them, so that's a plus. Happy Tuesday, everyone! Back to edits!

The Happy Whisk said...

Great photos!

Bevimus said...

I'm so jealous of how gorgeous your yard is!!

Vol 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time- and definitely my favorite martial arts movie ever. Great choice!

Maurice Mitchell said...

What a beautiful landscape and thy takes a lot of work so congratulations. When I lived in New York I hated squirrels! I thought they were filthy, pesky and disgusting. Looking back though they're pretty cute little rapscallions.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Squirrels can be a real pain in the patootie if you have a bird feeder. We used to have a neighbor years ago who had a gorgeously-maintained yard brimming with gardens, and boasting several bird feeders mounted atop metal poles. He liked to sit on his back porch and watch the birds... but he did NOT like the squirrels who came into his yard to steal the bird food. I mean, he REALLY didn't like them. He even resorted to blasting them with a shotgun one quiet morning. (When my poor husband happened to be dozing in his hammock...) He ended up greasing the poles that held the feeders, and then we all amused ourselves by watching the ever-hopeful squirrels attempt to climb up, and then slide back down again... over and over again. Better than watching TV! (Then again, LOTS of things are better than watching TV...)

Yolanda Renée said...

I don't mind them, but they make little piggy's of themselves. I was going to buy them their own food but realized they'd only clean up theirs and then go after the birds anyway. I would like to outsmart them though - ingenious little bastards! LOL

Yolanda Renée said...

Cute little rapscallions is right - little piggy's too!

Christine Rains said...

Gorgeous photos! I have yet to find a way to fully squirrel proof my feeders. I need cages like those! now I need to put up a fence around my garden since the bunnies are eating all my veggie sprouts. Have a terrific week. :)