Saturday, October 19, 2013

THE 13TH HORROR!


The next victim of the 
Bwahahaha Halloween Interview is
She wrote a series titled
 Friday the 13th!
I wonder if she really believes in luck 
good or bad?



You're the last person to die in your favorite horror movie, what's the name of the movie and how do you die?

Nightmare on Elm Street. I defeat Freddy in my dreamworld and wake up as the lone survivor. I start to celebrate until Freddy bursts out of my mirror and rams his razors into my gut. I never woke up! I'm still in a dream.

In a remake of Friday the 13th – you play Jason – what would be your method of execution for all your victims?

Though the machete is a classic weapon, I'd like something more suitable to killing annoying teenagers: common sense. Since they never use it, it'll make their heads explode! Okay, really, I'll stick with the machete.

In a remake of Halloween, you are one of the victims – describe the scene and your grisly death.

It begins with me in my living room sorting Halloween candy into two bowls. One bowl to hand out to the kids, and the second bowl with the good stuff for me. I see a shadowed figure in my yard, but when I look out the door, no one is there. I lock the front door behind me because I'm all about staying safe and return to the candy sorting. I catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye, and I dodge a blade that had been aimed for my head. My scream startles me, but doesn't phase the masked killer. I run for the door, but he's faster. And dammit, I locked it! He catches my arm with his knife and blood splatters the wall. With a karate kick to his groin, I race to the kitchen. The floor had been recently waxed and I'm wearing socks. The pathetic flailing about as I slip and slide before crashing against the refrigerator is as horrific as the disemboweling I receive next.

In a remake of the 1974 movie Young Frankenstein – which character would you play and why.

I'd like to play Elizabeth and be ravished by the Monster with his gigantic Schwanstuker, I'm more suited to Frau Blucher. Ah, to have people and animals fear me so!

In the Walking Dead, you and another character have survived the zombies, so far. You're on the move, but the individual with you is a wimpy scaredy cat, but oh so hot, still they keep drawing attention to you and your position and it's almost certain they will get you killed. What do you do - leave them for the zombies and save yourself? Or take pity on them, because their hotness makes up for their stupidity, and teach them not to be a wimp? Or do you have another solution.

In a world where the majority of people are dead, you've got to preserve hotness. I would train the gorgeous guy and toughen him up. I do so like playing teacher.

You're headed to a Masquerade party as your favorite horror character and at midnight, you are transformed into your character until sunrise. Who is this character and how many victims would you claim by sunrise?

I would be the Alien Queen. As for how many victims I claim, I didn't realize that aliens cared to keep count. Though I know there will be many more in November when my babies start bursting out of people's bellies. Let's just hope no one dressed as a Predator for Halloween.

Share with us your scariest ghost story – or nightmare – or tell us what scares you the most and why.

I dream about monsters a lot, but I never consider them nightmares. They don't scare me. I fight them and use them as fodder for stories. What frightens me the most is the thought of something happening to my son. There is nothing more all-consuming than a parent's fear for their child.

Share with us your favorite Halloween experience, costume, and candy.

My favorite Halloween experience: Taking my son out last year with his friend. It was the first time he really got into trick-or-treating.

My favorite Halloween costume: the Bride of Frankenstein. (That's me in the 7th grade.)

My favorite candy: The mini chocolate bars.



Blurb:

Six supernatural tenants

Living in a haunted apartment building

On a floor that doesn't exist.



Six novellas telling their tales.



A retired demon acquires a price on his head.

A werewolf is hunted by her pack.

A modern day dragonslayer misses his target.

A harpy challenges Zeus for the soul of the man she loves.

A vampire is obsessed with a young woman he can't find.

A banshee falls in love with someone who's death she has seen in a vision.

And a sweet ghost must battle a primal monster to save them all.

All the stories take place at the same time intertwining their lives together on the 13th Floor.



Includes “The Shadow,” a bonus short story.




Author Bio:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has eight novellas and twenty-one short stories published.







***** ***** ***** *****
And if you haven't yet, please visit 
Charmaine Clancy 
as she's hosting my MC 
Detective Steven Quaid.
And it sounds as though she's got a crush!

24 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Thanks so much for this horrifyingly fun interview, Yolanda! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

It has been fun! Thank you for wanting to participate!
Wishing you all the best with your series and in your writing career!
You're one talented lady!

Pat Hatt said...

Head exploding teenagers would be interesting

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

The Schwanstuker?????!!!!!!! *snorting my morning coffee all over my computer* Yes! That's what I want, too!!!!! Fabulously gruesome interview and, yes, the little chocolate bars are my fave too. I really think I've gotta buy that book of yours, Christine. Anybody who loves the Schwanstuker must be a fine writer!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like your costume, Christine!
Wouldn't want to be a brainless weak guy around you though.
Teenagers also don't use condoms - you could suffocate them that way.

Unknown said...

Very fun interview, as always. Very spooooky!

Christine Rains said...

I completely agree! :)

Christine Rains said...

If the Schwanstuker could help me sell books, I'll be... uh, yeah. Hehehe! Thanks for stopping by, Cathy. :)

Christine Rains said...

Fortunately I like to surround myself with brainy folks. :) I'd be impressed by any condom that could go over someone's head!

Christine Rains said...

Thanks, Julie!

Sherry Ellis said...

Ewww. Death by machete! My stomach is sick just thinking about it!

Christine Rains said...

Don't think about that and eat some chocolate while you go back to my blog to fortify yourself with cuteness! :)

Anonymous said...

Lol about common sense.

The other stuff was frightening. I might have nightmares tonight.

Heather R. Holden said...

What a fun interview! The line about killing teenagers with common sense cracked me up way too much... XD

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You'd go as the alien queen - that is a nice touch.

Christine Rains said...

Just go back to my blog and get some cuteness! :)

Christine Rains said...

Thanks, Heather! In terms of horror movie logic, I'd survive since I wouldn't do anything idiotic, but I'd also be the one to protect my friends. So I guess that makes me one of the first to go!

Christine Rains said...

Thank you, Diane! I'd love to be able to make a costume as cool as that.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great anthology--congrats, Christine! :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

HI, Yolanda, Hi, Christine,

TERRIFIC Costume! I can see why you love it so much! I am so glad I won an e-copy your book, Christine, I can't wait to read it! It's next on my list!

Ella said...

Christine you look fabulous as the Bride of Frankenstein...I do wish I could see you as an Alien Queen :D
I love your answers and agree you rocked it~
Yes, the fear of our child/children is by far the worst~
Well done and Congrats!

Hi Yolanda :D

Julie Flanders said...

Love the answer to The Walking Dead question. So true that in that situation we would need all the hotness we could get.
The first Nightmare on Elm Street movie absolutely terrified me and this pic at the top brought it all back LOL. Just reading about Freddie bursting out of the mirror freaked me out!

Love the Bride of Frankenstein costume - how cute! :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Christine, and everyone for the wonderful comments. The interviews have been a lot of fun and the answers always surprising.
Appreciate the support!
Happy Halloween everyone!

Shannon Lawrence said...

I had to laugh about playing the teacher. Now that you put it that way, I might let him live...

Shannon at The Warrior Muse